Employement at West Orange Habitat for Humanity
Position: ReStore Manager
Supervision: Supervision of ReStore staff and volunteers
Status: Full-time, Exempt (40 hours including some Saturdays, evenings, & weekends)
West Orange Habitat for Humanity seeks a highly motivated, organized and customer-oriented manager to lead its retail and product donation program. This position operates with guidance and assistance from the Director of Development and organization committees. The Habitat ReStore mission is to generate revenue through the sale of donated, reclaimed and purchased building materials, appliances, furniture, housewares and tools to support the activities of the West Orange Habitat for Humanity. The manager is responsible for the overall operation of the ReStore and its financial growth.
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until a qualified applicant is found.
CORE DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Fostering Support with External and Internal Partners
- Develop and implement a multi-year strategic plan for soliciting donations winning support of potential suppliers and donors by targeting annual growth to meet long-term financial goals.
- In cooperation with the Director of Development, Finance and committees, the ReStore Manager will develop and manage the store budget and operational decisions with documented financial analysis to include: profit margins, sales per square foot in total, last year and previous month sales comparisons, transactions/average sale, # of volunteers and volunteer hours and inventory.
- Identify additional opportunities for fundraising and coordinate with affiliate committees and the Director of Development fundraising efforts.
- Work with the Communications Committee and Development Director to draft brochures/materials/flyers/bulletings/advertising/videos/promotions for ReStore.
- Identify and initiate opportunities to reduce expenses and create increased operational efficiencies.
- Provide sustained network development to expand the scope of Habitat ReStore activities and develop long-term, collaborative relationships with community-based trade/business groups, churches, individual donors and others to secure donations and raise awareness of WOHFH mission in the community.
Develop and Implement Policies and Procedures
- Identify policies that need to be drafted and recommend modifications to existing policies.
- Oversee the development of necessary policies and procedures for store operations, pricing, discounts sales, salvage, material acquisition.
- Identify potential conflicts and partnerships between our ReStore and others.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures relating to daily operations.
- Responsible for operations management, including consistent, safe and positive development of employees and assets to provide a high-quality customer experience.
Manage ReStore Operations
- Oversee all retail operations and ensure consistent, smooth and efficient processes. Responsible for driving donations, sales and profits of the ReStore to further the mission while working with internal/external resources to promote both.
- Execute periodic ReStore Volunteer/Orientations sessions.
- Supervise maintenance and safety of the facility and warehouse.
- Supervise ReStore staff, volunteers and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Recruit, train, schedule and recognize volunteers.
- Orient and train staff/volunteers on mission of the ReStore’s role/responsibilities.
- Spend weekly time on the sales floor/warehouse.
- Monitor expenses within budget.
- Enhance the organization’s culture by reinforcing core values and fostering a positive workplace.
- Provide training and resources to the Assistant Manager to direct store operations in the absence of the Manager.
- Assist staff and affiliate with pickups/driving the truck when necessary.
- Oversee preparation of monthly financial reports for Director of Development and for board/affiliate reporting.
- Develop work plans and assignments to meet commitments made to donors.
- Work with finance to prepare general reports/financial expenditures.
- Work with committees, Director of Development and Finance to create annual budget/goals.
Marketing and Community Relations
- Represent program through personal/store contacts and public appearances
- Network with other Habitat affiliates and thrift stores
- Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with corporate donors, contractors, and community service organizations.
- Coordinate the development and expansion of a comprehensive advertising and marketing program for the Habitat in cooperation with the Director of Development and committees.
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- Three to five years progressive experience with retail sales operation and management; nonprofit leadership is an asset.
- Degree from an accredited college or university or related demonstrated experience.
- Strongly prefer experience with Habitat policies, procedures and volunteers.
- Experience with budget planning, analysis, monitoring and long-range strategic planning
- Strong communication skills (oral/written) and the ability to relate to diverse audiences.
- Superior organizational skills; ability to set priorities, work cooperatively and independently, and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Appreciation of the Habitat mission and culture
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s Licenses and dependable transportation required; good driving record; Criminal Background Check Required
This individual will be expected to assist the staff in performing store functions. The position requires the physical ability sit, walk, and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. He/she will also experience frequent bending, squatting, lifting and repetitive motion and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis and/or sit at a computer for an extended period of time. While the ReStore is smoke-free and temperature controlled, some of the work may be in non-temperature-controlled conditions. Ability/willingness to operate a truck and forklift. Good knowledge of safety and maintenance issues in a retail/office/warehouse environment. Must be able and willing to work some evenings, and Saturdays. Occasional travel may be required.
West Orange Habitat for Humanity
13369 W. Colonial Drive, Winter Garden, Florida 32787
Job Type: Full-time
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retail Management and Operations: 3 years (Required)