Habitat for Humanity Cars for Homes
Habitat International has started the Habitat for Humanity Cars for Homes program that could generate funds to help build additional homes in the West Orange Habitat for Humanity area. This program could generate thousands of dollars for West Orange Habitat for Humanity with just minimal effort on our part. All vehicles donated in the our area would would be sold and a part of the proceeds would be mailed to West Orange Habitat for Humanity.
Vehicles that can be donated:
- Construction or farm equipment
- Any other vehicle ― running or not!
How does a donor start the vehicle donation process?
- Call Cars for Homes toll-free at 1-877-277-4344 or at online to donate a car for homes.
- The donor will be asked to provide information about the vehicle they wish to donate, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- Most vehicles with proper title information are accepted, unless the costs of processing and towing fees exceed the auction value of the vehicle.
What happens after the vehicle is accepted?
- The donor will be given instructions for processing the vehicle’s title. If the title cannot be located, assistance is available.
- The donated car is then assigned for pickup and sale.
- Arrangements are then made to have the title processed.
- The donor will be contacted to coordinate the vehicle and key pickup by a licensed and insured member of the national network of contractors who work for Advanced Remarketing Services, Habitat for Humanity’s authorized agent.
What happens after the vehicle is picked up?
- The vehicle will be sold through a national network of diverse venues on behalf of Habitat for Humanity.
- After the car has been sold, the donor will receive an acknowledgement letter thanking them for their support and providing the vehicle sale information. This letter may be used as a receipt for tax deduction purposes; additional tax documents will be provided when required by IRS regulations as a result of the sale value of the vehicle.